Monday, February 25, 2013

Desert Island Songs – The Tragically Hip "Nautical Disaster"


   I've been listening to The Hip off and on since probably day one, so with a back catalog like theirs you would think picking a Tragically Hip "Desert Island Song" would be a task, or at the least I'd choose one of the most obvious choice's like "Blow at High Dough" or "New Orleans Is Sinking"…but one song of theirs has always stuck in my head and I've never been able to shake it, I'll search it out like a boat lost on a ocean, it's "Nautical Disaster". It's taken from their 1994 album Day for Night, which in my opinion is their strongest and best record, Gord's lyrics went right off the chart for this one, he threw away the playbook and followed his soul.

    Below is the video for "Nautical Disaster" by The Tragically Hip, but I have also included a new cover version by Justin Rutledge filmed by Southern Souls, Justin by the way has a new album out called Valleyheart.

Joe Cornelisse-SMM


The Tragically Hip "Nautical Disaster"



Justin Rutledge covers the Tragically Hip classic "Nautical Disaster" for Southern Souls



No comments:

Post a Comment